The Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) requires Equifax to confirm the link between the applicant and the identity documents supplied to minimize identity fraud in Australia. The linkage is about assurance; achieving a level of confidence that the application and identity documents represent the applicant.
As an applicant, you can conveniently do it by posting a photo of yourself in a “selfie” format. By holding the identification beside your face, a comparison can be made.
Please note you are only required to provide one photo as per the guidelines below.
- Incorrect Photo (Side Facing)
- Incorrect Photo (Bad Lighting)
- Incorrect Photo (ID Blocked or Cut – off)
- Incorrect Photo (Reflection)
- Correct Photo (ID beside face – clear)