As an approved Gateway Service Provider (GSP), you can access the DVS within IDMatrix. The DVS offers a reliable means of matching key document data with government records, making it easier for organisations to satisfy their identity verification obligations, including anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing (AML/CTF).
- Obtain lowest tiered pricing from Equifax by leveraging our DVS volumes
- Available to any organisation with the requirement to use a Commonwealth identifier to verify their customers' identities.
What Documents can be Checked?
- Driver Licences
- Australian Passports
- Commonwealth Electoral Roll
- International Passport Visas
- Medicare Cards
- Australian Citizenship Certificates
- Immigration Cards
- Registration by Descent Certificates
- Birth Certificates
- Marriage Certificates
- Change of Name Certificates
We'd love to share more about the DVS. Please contact us to chat with an expert.
How it Works
By providing an individual's personal details as they appear on their documents, IDMatrix queries the issuing agencies via the Attorney General's DVS Hub. The DVS will determine if the document details are still valid, not expired or cancelled, and will return an indicator back to IDMatrix.
A result from each document check is then fed back into the identity verification framework to be considered as part of your overall verification outcome.
AUSTRAC have also published a guidance note on how the Document Verification Service can be used to identify your individual customers and beneficial owners as part of your AML/CTF program.